|What do bloggers do during a break at a conference?? Get online!|
They could have passed out pom-poms for us to use....we were each cheering each other on!
I took away some GREAT points from Shelly Miller's talk in the morning devotion time:
- What if self-doubt isn't supposed to be negative, but preparation for the "next BIG thing"?
- The key is how we choose to respond - will we let fear keep us from moving forward?
- When Moses asked the questions (What? Who me?) God answered all of them with a question - Who made your mouth? etc (Exodus 3)
- Comparing/comparison is lying to each of us. It's only the 1/2 of the story we see.
- Sometimes we learn through the school of adversity.
- God speaks. PERIOD. That's ALL we need.
- Encourage one another.
- Psalm 102
I felt excited and exasperated all at once! Things were coming into place and I wasn't sure where these ideas were coming from - well, I KNOW where they were coming from - but it isn't often I find myself in that sweet spot of dreaming God-sized dreams!!
|Fellow (in)courager Diane Bailey - meeting face to face is so sweet!!|
- Giving birth is like birthing a dream. Birthing. Loving. Fearing. Perfect love casts out fear.
- Be the fearless girl. I can fly!
- Don't let FEAR BECOME AN IDOL - don't give IT time that belongs to God!
- We don't have to earn His love. We don't have to earn His love. We don't have to earn His love, just accept it.
- We tend to treat God's love like love from our parents (it's natural, it's what we know). If I'm good, He will love me...but I forget, HE doesn't see as WE see.
- Even Jesus couldn't rely on people...so why am I hurt/disappointed/sad when they let me down?
- We are pregnant with possibility.
- We are broken ambassadors of Jesus.
- "Your guilt and inadequacy is not the most true things about you." - John Ortberg
- Romans 12 - take life and give it to Him as an offering. Don't be comfortable. Be empty, and let HIM fill us!
- The way we know Jesus is the most important thing! Do we know Him as well as our iphones, computer screens, or TV's??
- Find the treasure in the field, and BUY IT. Grow, own, possess - Jesus. All of Him.
- Keep in BALANCE: HAVE TO/SHOULD/WANT TO - they each have a place.
|Fear is what ruins our dreams.|
|...what fear you have...|
|...that is stopping YOUR dream?|
|There was a LOT of good conversation going on at Jumping Tandem!|